Warranty Work

Hey all,

I'm going to take my 95 in for the syncro repair soon, and I thought I
remember someone posting something about VW recalling the computer chip
for rough idleing.  Is this true?  I called Timmons VW (L.A. area) and
some service guy said that there was no recall at all.  This car has had
a history of rough idleing.  VWOA techs even took it for two weeks (we
got an Audi convertable for that time) trying to solve the problem.  It
worked for a while, but eventually resurfaced.  If anyone knows of a
recall or potential recall could you please post what # that might be?

Is it true that VW will only give you a loaner car if you're still under
the 2 yr 24K warranty?

Thanks.

Steve