Re: [gti-vr6] New Synchros

Holland J. Phillips wrote:

> No, those are Titanium valve retainers.  I have them.  As someone already
> said, Titanium isn't the ideal metal for synchros.  As I recall, Porsche
> is supposed to have the best synchros around, and I believe they are
> steel.

I an attempt to save some of my credability, I was kinda right.
Autotech does sell them: Page 41 of their 1996 catalog:

Heavy Duty Syncros 10.311.001
Designed for racing use, made of STEEL (not titainum sorry, I could
have swarn they were titinium) rather than brass to increase
durability.  SOLD INDIVIDUALLY.  First through fifth gears all use
the same syncro. (Now the bad news) For 020 (8V/16V) gearboxes only.

See I smoked but I didn't inhale. :-)

This is out of their 96 catalog.  I wonder if they have them for 02As
now???

They also sell:

Racing Close Ratio Gear Set. 02A ... 10.310.170
This newest gearset from HOR Technologies is designed to fit the new,
cable-shifter type gearboxes used in Corrado, and Golf 3/Jetta 3 VR6.

On Page 40 are nice technical diagrams and descriptions of the Quaife.
:-)

OOoo, and also on page 41, Ring and Pinion sets... (drool......)

- --
Mike Bigus --> gtivr6r@chicagonet.net
http://www.gtivr6r.chicagonet.net