Possible radios for '97 Golf

Hey guys and gals,

I'm going to upgrade my fiance's car ('97 Golf Trek) to an in-dash CD player.
In the mail yesterday, I received a Crutchfield sales flyer with 8 in-dash CD
players all for less than $200.  Most are last year's models, but that's OK.
My girl doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg for this thing.  Her car does
have a Fuba antennae (came with Trek models).  So here's what I'm looking for:

1. Stereo recommendation
2. Will Crutchfield supply adapter for free?
3. Don't I also need an antennae adapter because of the Fuba?  Does
Crutchfield supply this?  How much?

Thanks > This list is an extreme bank of knowledge and I know more about my 4
month old GLX than I've ever known about any of my previous VW's or any other
car for that matter.

Smile,
Chuck
'98 GLX