Re: [gti-vr6] My Gearbox

On 3/17/98 12:42PM, in message
<Pine.SV4.3.94.980317124011.13804A-100000@aludra.usc.edu>, radelow
<radelow@scf-fs.usc.edu> wrote:

> Just a sidenote to those of you considering running Redline Trannie oil.  They (VW)
> are looking for this and if you are running it and blow your trannie (sychros or
> anything) they can (and will) void your warranty.  Just thought I would let you all know.
> And yes, this comes from someone high up at vw.  Has to do with the
> construction of the synchros etc.

Great, another instance of VW working hard to NOT honor warranties.

What is their justification in refusing to service Redline-lubed trannies?  I'd bet that the
Redline people would be VERY interested to hear this, and would likely take the matter
very seriously and contact VW immediately.  Would you mind if I forward your message
to them??  Maybe we can get some action!!  This is bullshit.

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@sprintmail.com
'97 GTI VR6