Re: [gti-vr6] interior air filters

zeek the geek wrote:

> i'm looking at the ND catalog page34 reading about the
> Bosch interior air filters and wondering how they compare
> to the stock filters...
> anyone have experience with this? what kind of filters come
> stock with the '98s? Don?

As far as I know, the '98s are the same as the '97s -- that is, there is
just a mesh cover with about 1cm holes in it, covering the opening.

The bosch filter is a european part, I think, and fits right on in place
of that screen.  IMO, it keeps a good bit of crap out of the cabin -- it
also makes for somewhat less of a diesel smell on the highway when
following trucks, etc.  At least for me, with crazy allergies in the
spring, it was a good investment.

It does lessen the power of your climate control blower a *little*, but it
is a decent compromise.

- -erik