RE: Test Drive '95 GLX

This might not be two things. My '94 does both of these things, and I've
been told by several sources that it's the pilot bearing on the clutch shaft
that's squeaking, and that means that the clutch may not be doing exactly
what it's supposed to (real clear huh?), like it's either not spinning and
it's supposed to, or vice-versa, and that in turn makes it hard to go into
first. Is the going into first problem not entirely predictable? Like
sometimes just fine, but half the time trouble?
I think I read somewhere that this was a known problem with that bearing.
Has anyone else seen this?