Test Drive '95 GLX

	I had the '95 GLX out today (actually, I have it overnight).

	Two things jumping out at me.  The bushings in the transmission seem
to need to be replaced.  It is hard to shift into/find first.  Often I was
winding up in 3rd.  A coworker who owns a '95 Golf VR6 said it was definitely
looser than his (still quite snicky though).  He said his previous VW's all
needed bushings at some point.

	The other thing is this, and I'm hoping someone can help me identify
it.  When starting from stop there is a breif honk/squeak sound.  I think
it is suspension somewhere.  Initially I thought maybe my hands were grazing the
horn becuase I wasn't used to the wheel, and it sounded almost like a distant
horn, but that isn't it.  Any ideas?

	Other than that, I think I'm in love.  An amazing car, and for the
dollar I think it's a lot of value.

- --
Jeffrey A. Campbell             : "Plug in a cable modem, kick back,
Data Services Manager           :  and wait for the rest of the Internet to
Halifax Cable                   :  catch up."  - Katherine Derbyshire,
jac@hfxcable.com                :        	 Wired Magazine
(902) 453-2800 x156             :        	 October, 1997