Re: 1/4 mile

At 12:40 PM 6/20/98 -0700, you wrote:

> hey all,
> me and a buddy went out today and ran some 1/4 mile times with his g-tech...
> my best run was 15.25 with a trap of 95.9 mph
> best 0-60 was 7.03
> best 60-0 was 119 feet
> best launch was @ 3500-3900 rpm
> best shift points was @ 6000-6300 rpm
> 1/3 tank of gas
> can you all share with me your results...please be real, i wanna know what i
> can do to go faster with the mods i have..
> the mods i have that relate to this test:
> carrera coil overs, 17" oettinger rims, toyo t1 plus(215x40x17),whipple
motor
> mount, q-chip, modded air box w/ drop in filter,
> mods for the brake test:
> velocity slotted rotors, mintex street pads, autotech stainless steel lines,
> lucus brake bluid
> what have you guys done? and what are the variables?
> george

George, What year is your car? If it is a 97 or newer and has ABS/EDL
becareful
because with all this hot rodding get ready to watch the rivets that hold the
ring gear to the differential housing come flying thru your transmission
case.
If you don't believe me just ask some of the members of the GTI mailing list.