RE: 3 questions.....

Don't know much about the "cutouts"...

For the K&N replacement filter, surf to:

http://www.parts4vws.com

Mike Potter there will get you a good deal on a filter...

On the airbox mods, there are 3 that I know of.  If you open up your
airbox, they will be pretty obvious:

1) Remove the "cone" resonator in the top side of the airbox.
2) Remove the snow screen on the input (bottom) side.
3) Some have cut additional holes into the fender side of the airbox bottom
   to allow additional air in.

I have removed the cone and snow screen, and put in the K&N.  I think just
doing that makes a HUGE difference.

Good Luck!
Matt Cleland					cleland@stlnet.com
98 Jetta GLX