3 questions.....

hey glx'ers,

i have three questions that i hope that someone can answer,

1.  I went by Pep Boys today and was looking at these attachments for your
exhaust that are called 'Cut-Outs'.  It looks like the following:

        exhaust in -->                            to muffler -->

        -----------------\              \--------------------
                          \              \
                           \              \
                            \              \
                             ----------------
                this ends has 2 or 3 wingnuts that allow you to remove
                a cap, which would allow you to basically run without
                a muffler.
    Has anyone ever tried one of these?

2.  Is there somewhere on the net that can answer all of my questions about
different exhaust systems??  i want to upgrade, but i am basically lost with
all the different choices.

3.  The airbox upgrade...  where can i get the drop-in filter that allows
the airflow to 'flow' much easier?  is there a place on the net that shows
pictures and instructions on the modifications that i can do to the airbox?

 thanks for everyones help,

Chris
'97 Black Jetta GLX
Garret Chip