Re: Hahaha!!!!!. I've seen something NO ONE have seen in person!.

At 2:55 AM -0500 6/15/98, Alexander L. Kunstmann wrote:

>>Several interviews with VW execs have stated that the VR6 will only be in
>>the Golf Syncro, which may not come over here.  No more Jetta VR6 as we
>>know it today.
>
>I'll ask the people at VW of Mexico. They are making the Jetta A4 already,
>so they should know better. The VR6 has demonstrated to be a very good
>engine. So I don't believe that VW will decide to stick to 4 cyls. only as
>VR6 are selling very well in the USA.

I think you're misunderstanding here.

Nobody is saying there won't be a six cylinder Jetta. (Jetta V6)

But, the Jetta VR6 is probably NOT going to be produced. Look at the Passat
GLX. It doesn't have a VR6 (like the old Passat GLX had)-- the new Passat
is a Passat V6, the same V6 from the Audi line.

So, while you're right, that VW *WILL* produce a six cylinder Jetta, they
probably will *NOT* produce a Jetta VR6.

-Khan