Re: Hahaha!!!!!. I've seen something NO ONE have seen in person!.

I don't think so. I think that a VR6 will be available next year but not the current VR6.
I have an issue of Auto Motor und Sport from March with an article "All the VW Neuheiten (news in german)"
and the article mentions that New VR6 with Aluminium Head and 4 valve per cilynder and 210 BHP (not 172 as the
current VR6) will be in the new Golf  IV by the end of this year. Imagine that 210 BHP in a Golf!!!!

Based on that I think the New Jetta VR6 will be available in 1999 but probably not from the start with all the basic models.

Regards

Khan M. Klatt wrote:

At 2:55 AM -0500 6/15/98, Alexander L. Kunstmann wrote:

>>Several interviews with VW execs have stated that the VR6 will only be in
>>the Golf Syncro, which may not come over here.  No more Jetta VR6 as we
>>know it today.
>
>I'll ask the people at VW of Mexico. They are making the Jetta A4 already,
>so they should know better. The VR6 has demonstrated to be a very good
>engine. So I don't believe that VW will decide to stick to 4 cyls. only as
>VR6 are selling very well in the USA.

I think you're misunderstanding here.

Nobody is saying there won't be a six cylinder Jetta. (Jetta V6)

But, the Jetta VR6 is probably NOT going to be produced. Look at the Passat
GLX. It doesn't have a VR6 (like the old Passat GLX had)-- the new Passat
is a Passat V6, the same V6 from the Audi line.

So, while you're right, that VW *WILL* produce a six cylinder Jetta, they
probably will *NOT* produce a Jetta VR6.

-Khan