Is it worth it.... Converting Pre-Bose -> Bose

i happen to like my stock deck ( now ). I drive a 98 passat but im pretty sure
the head unit is the same . i try  keeping  a stock  deck as long as i can
because every thing else system related is hide able . this week i put in a
Kenwood sub   a Eclipse EQ  & a Alpine 50x4 Amp it sounds Great & dask looks
stock . Dont get me wrong that panasonic deck sucks but if you want a GREAT
system your going to change  everything in time . i guess what im getting as
is stock decks suck even if you pay 300 extra for them . Take the car to a
stereo shop & tell them what you want ( hi's ,  bass , removeable face , what
ever thier are 101 fixes to a stock system!!!!