RE: Is it worth it.... Converting Pre-Bose -> Bose

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Cooley, Christopher wrote:

> You can hear the highs, mids and deep lows clearly.  It produces a
> tight, accurate sound that is nothing short of incredible.  One thing I
> also learned is that is has a bass correcting system that enhances the
> low end of music on a graduated scale as you decrease the volume.  This
> helps the ear to hear the same full range of music at differing volume
> levels.  The only thing you notice is how good the music sounds at any
> volume.
[...]B
> Long story short:  DEFINITELY DO THE UPGRADE.

Hmm...I would disagree.  My car came with the bose, and I thought it
sounded boomey, lacked midrange and clarity.  Also, the specifications for
the head unit (by Panasonic) says that the amp doesn't even handle the
20-20,000Hz range for CD.  I wouldn't recommended it, unless you can
replaced the head unit.

Once I put my Clarion 7375 in, the stock speakers started *really*
performing.

--
John A. Kilpatrick                                Systems Administrator
kilpatri@sgi.com                      Silicon Graphics Inc., MIPS Group