Fixing floor mats

Some of you were complaining about abnormal wear on the floor mats a
while ago. I had this problem too...to the point that the backing was
showing through the carpet in one spot and there was discoloration as
well.

Finally, I took the mat to a trim shop near me and had them sew in a
vinyl wear pad. It looks great now and you would think that the mat came
that way from the factory. Cost? $30. While not a cheap fix, it was
cheaper than a new one and I don't have to live with looking at an ugly
mat.

My thanks go out to the list member who suggested doing this (sorry I
don't remember who it was).

John Darwak
'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige