RE: Clutch - Shifting, Jeez jam it in there!

Given the speed to gear ratios provided, I personally find myself
running higher revs.  Like 2nd gear to 40 mph, 3rd to 60 mph, 4th to
70mph and then 5th to cruise.  Using this shifting, I don't go too far
over 4,000 rpms and my 97 GLX seems to love it, and purrs since using
Castrol Syntec.  It's the same during downshifting.

Thought:  Are you double clutching (rev-shifting)?  This takes quite a
load off your synchros.

Christopher Cooley
CellularOne
Equipment Services Lead