Re: Pop Sound when shifting..(kinda long)

From: VR6vEEEdUB@aol.com <VR6vEEEdUB@aol.com>
To: jettaglx@igtc.COM <jettaglx@igtc.COM>
Date: Thursday, June 11, 1998 12:27 AM
Subject: RE: Pop Sound when shifting..(kinda long)

>i had the same problem with my '97 glx.  in the mornings i would start it
up
>the rpms would go up then drop down to where either 1) the cars idle shook
>coming close to dying or 2) it would just die completely.  the car also had
>rough idle when at a stoplight also esp with the a/c on.  so i took the car

Mmmmhhh... This could be Sooooooo easy with a carburated engine.....

My carburated jetta A2 had the same thing. Just using a Phillips Screwdiver
in the intake manifold to make the mixture a bit richer solved the problem..

in
>to the dealer come to find out there was a fix for this problem.  they said
>that its a problem with some '97's and '98's.  So they kept my car for
almost
>a week.  the computer had to be taken out and rechipped.  The chip had
>something to do with the fuel pressure and the amount of fuel used for cold
>start...apparently there is not enough of either so the car dies, i would

Damn!. Is there ANYTHING that can be changed with the behavior of an engine
without changing the damn ECU?.  I'm thinking of buying a new fuel-injected
Jetta, but if you have to open a computer each time you want to change
anything, I prefer opening my PC instead, and keep my carburated Jetta.

>always have to press on the gas right after start up to keep the car from
>dying, jus dont press the gas before you start the car or while you are
>starting it..dats a no no!!!!  Well I got my car back...boy did it run
>better...i could even notice the difference when accelerating it had a
quicker
>response.  The car never died on me ever again.  During cold start when the
>car's rpm drops down...the computer senses this and you see the rpm's rise
>back up to 1000 rpms for 5 seconds and then drops and levels off.  The idle
>was never rough either...even with the a/c on.  My rpms used to drop off
>rapidly when taking off from a start with the a/c on almost making the car
>die, usually i had to adjust by adding more gas on the start...now its the
>same as if the a/c was not on.  So go see your VW dealer...i have a friend
who
>also had this done among other things that were considered fixes.  he just
>mentioned that he was aware of these things and they didnt even deny it or
>give him a hard time i.e. (tape on doors to keep from rubbing, retainer
spring
>in the clutch)  Hope this helps you out

See???, Computers on cars just make things difficult as hell!.. I would
prefer a screwdiver programmed ECU.. Like a PC keyboard but for mechanical
purposes.
I think I'll design my own and get it patented to sell it to the factories
of the world.. Duh...

Sheesh...