Re: Did I get taken or what?

I went with the K&N filter and got a piece of metal (hestaloy to be specific)
and put the filter down into the fender right behind the headlight.  Then I
got a piece of aluminum and bolted it to the engine block...sortof a makeshift
heat shield.  I did notice a difference from just having the filter on to
having this.  It quieted it, but it did give it more power for after it heats
up.  I romped on my girlfriend with a 1997 Jetta GLX with just the same K&N
filter, but no extender.  I did that, even with my 17"'s on!!
   By the way,I have a 1995 Jetta GLX, white, with 17" TSW VX1's, and some
other stuff, email me if you care to know more

Matt