ABS light

   I have a 1995 Jetta GLX and just put oversized wheels on it (17" TSW VX1's0
with 215 40-17 BFG's.  Ever since I got them, i've had the ABS light on and a
creaking sounds when i roll.  I think i've got the creaking sound figured out,
but the ABS light has got me boggeled.  It was NEVER on before I put the
wheels on.
   A friend of mine told me that the ABS computer was a fuzzy logic computer
that adapted to knew wheels, but i was skeptical.  Anyone know either way???

Thanks ahead of time,
Matt