New car......VR6 or VTEC?

#1 - (According to the '98 C&D Car Guide) ...the GTi VR6 is faster than the
Prelude in the 0-60 times......... 7.2 for the Prelude compared to 6.9 for the
Jetta VR6 (the GTi VR6 didn't have any specs) , but the GTi VR6 is always a
1/10th of a sec quicker or so than the Jetta due to weight differences.

#2 - Consumer Reports rated the VR6 manual transmission #1 in it's class.

#3 - Volkswagen has a much larger (almost cult-like) following as far as
clubs, shows, events, etc..... than Honda. My opinion comes from being a
former Honda owner myself.

#4 - Truthfully, which car would u rather drive across the country in and
imagine being comfortable the entire way?????.......i think VW.

#5 - Does the VTEC come with traction control......NO. Does the VTEC come with
side airbags......i don't think so. Does the VTEC have the same optional
heated features available? (seats, side mirrors and windshield washer
nozzles).........NO.

#6 - Will u be entitled to beep and smile at all the cool new A4 Golf's, Jetta
Coupes and Convertibles, New Beetles with turbo engines and W12
supercars??......most definitely NOT!......   : )

#7 - Am I the most biased VW fan alive........ABSOFUCKINLUTELY

#8 - Honestly, I'd go with the VR6 because it is faster and u get a little bit
more included in the car for the money. If u are worried about
warranties.....don't be. VW's so-so track record is a thing of the past and
that is being reflected more and more in all the positive reviews throughout
numerous auto mags. Good luck.

#9 - If u need more convincing, visit my website at ....
http://members.aol.com/qwikvr6/index.html

Take care,
- -FlyinVR6