New VW slogan: "Are you ready to put up with it?"

Chris,

thanks for your note.  I will cross-post this to the list, hoping to
stir up SOME response, since my first message was apparently
too polite and mild to have fellow GLX'ers respond and help with
some advice.

I am over the initial shock and anger about the astronomical tag
for repair...  I am even joking about it now, since everyone in the
office anyway thinks it's hysterically funny and are telling me:
"You should have known better than to buy a VW!!!"    *#^&^%!@

So, thinking clearly, and after putting some numbers on the
paper, a new car seems inevitable.  I can not overlook the fact
that in the next two years, even if NOTHING goes wrong with my
VW, it would cost me only $80/month more to owe a new car.

Any repairs, and those are inevitable when you owe VW, would
sway those numbers even more towards any new car...  So, the
question remains: are you ready to put up with it?   I am
personally getting tired of it!  I do not want to deal with the fact
that I can not rely on a car with only 45,000 miles on it to take me
to Atlanta for the weekend trip!!!!

>There is more to the repair list (oxygen sensor, abs thingy etc.)
>that I would care to not remember.  If one more "major" thing
>goes wrong I think I will consider dumping it.

Just one piece of unsolicited advice from me: dump it now!  If
you want a new VW, get it, use it for 2 years, milk out the
warranty and scheduled maintenance, and DUMP IT!  This is my
third VW in 8 years, and ALL of them were maintenance
nightmares.  Yes, VR6 is very sweet and compact engine, but
it's also using oil and is a gas guzzler.    The problem is not in
the engine, but in the rest of the car - electrical systems,
sensors, power operated items, etc, etc...  Even transmission
has been mentioned hundreds of times on this and other VW
lists - bad synchros, popping out of gears, grinding noises (not
even to mention that it has a long throw like a 18 wheeler
truck!!!)

Anyway, I know how tempting it is to keep the car after you
poured $ into a major repair, but one more major thing WILL go
wrong, and then you will feel like I feel now:  Why didn't I sell it a
month ago, I would have saved $1,800 or more?!

Phew - I am getting wound up again - just thinking about it!   :-)

Thanks again for your Email, have a great day and for everyone
else on the list - hope your "check engine" light stays off for at
least one more day!!!   ;-)

Vojin