RE: New VW slogan: "Are you ready to put up with it?"

I understand your frustration, as it appears that you've been %#@!& by
VW over the past number of years/cars.

For what it's worth, my 98 GLX is my second VW.  My first was a 92 GTI
16v -- now this car was certainly not built during the heyday of VW and
actually had a pretty poor reputation -- I put over 80,000 and it never
failed me once (okay, once, the clutch died at 98,000 miles and I had to
get it towed to the dealer on a Sunday night).  Overall, it was as
reliable as anyone could realistically hope for.

Anyways, I'd probabaly do what you're doing if I was in your shoes ...
knock on wood, but my GLX hasn't %#@!& me once (only has 2,800 miles
though)     :-)

Steve