Re: Dual Head Light

Had you posted your question on the GTI-VR6 list too, I'm sure you
would've gotten all kinds of crazy "YOU HAVE TO change the hood..."
comments, but seeing as how we are a bunch of level-headed 4-dr owners
:), here's the deal.

As far as I know, there is only one way to do this without changing the
hood, and that is with the Golf grille and a fiberglass extension made
by Transforma I think.  It seems strange, since I think it would be
really easy for an aftermarket co. to make a jetta/dual headlight grille
- -- oh well.

Anyway, I'm in the process of doing it with the extension right now (its
off getting painted as I type).  It looks like it will work with no
problem.  If you don't mind the look of the golf front end and don't
mind getting your hood painted, you can go that route for not much more
money (except for the painting).

As for lights, which ones are you looking at?  I have the Hella smoked
ones -- got them from Mike Potter at Virtual World Parts
www.parts4vws.com (I think).  They are a straight plug in with his mods
- -- all you have to do is drill 1 hole on either side of the radiator.

BTW, if you saw the white Project GLX in EC, not to worry, I don't know
how they screwed the extension up that much -- it would be hard.  Mine
looks like it will work MUCH better.

- -erik