Re: Bike Racks

> Hey guys, I'm going through a little dilemma here.  I happen to be a
> frequent biker, and have been using a trunk rack for hauling my bike
around
> town.  I have tried to be careful when putting and taking my bike
off the
> rack.  But I have started noticing that the bike rack is starting to
leave
> scratches and chips on my bumper and trunk.

I've got the OEM rack and bike carriers and the rubber pads usually
leave marks on the wax finish when I remove the rack.  I can't usually
get rid of all of the marks by washing but they are removed when I
buff the area.

My hunch is that all racks will affect your cars' finish in some way.
Obviously some racks are more damaging then others.

Cheers,

----
Jeff Newton