Re: O Happy Day II

>wax once more.  No one has a clue what GLX stands for here in Dallas,
>the land of Bimmers and Lexi, and I liked the balance of Jetta on
>one side and GLX on the other.

Speaking of badges ...
   I've been pondering over, for quite some time, painting a couple
of mine black.
   I have a '95 GLX which is black on the outside and sports a black
leather interior. I have the stock smoked taillights and have smoked
side-marker lights. I have plans for getting smoked front blinker
reflectors and the smoked dummy reflectors. At the same time, I will
most likely also install smoked side euro blinkers to complete the
look. I drool over ec's Project GLX's glossy 5spoke rims (they would
defintely MAKE my car). I also picked up a glossy black "VW" rear
trunk lid badge from New Dimensions, which looks excellent.
   Thus, after looking at what else I can do to add to my stealth,
I decided that it would be cool to paint the "JettaIII" and "GLX"
badges black (while leaving the rear "VR6" badge and front grille
non-stock "VR6" badge (thanks, Kevin Ng!) chrome). Fingernail polish
cracks, as I learned from testing it out on my old rear tunk lid
"VW" badge, so that's out.
   Who on the list can tell me a good kind of paint to use for
painting my badges black without leaving streaks and such, for a
nice, glossy finish? How many coats is too many?
   Any input will be greatly appreciated!
-T

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/