Re: VR6 Cabrio?

At 9:57 AM -0400 7/14/98, Christoper Hartwell@bbn.com wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>Is there a VR6 Cabrio on the Market that anyone knows about?  When I was
>looking the only thing I could find was the 4 cyl. But I recently saw a
>picture of one, is it just a VR6 badge (heres the photo) or ....... Does it
>really exist. Perhaps its only available in Europe? Any ideas...
>
>Another ? real quick... When you turn your fog lights on and then turn the
>switch to the left it turns of the parking lights, will this then feed
>directly from the battery or does it work the same as if they're on? And
>will everything turn off with the ignition switch. Because my Saabs fogs
>work dependently on the day-runners but if I use them independently it
>feeds directly from the battery and they don't turn off with the ignition
>
>(Ps. You may need to download L-View or some other picture program from the
>web to view the photo)

I would never buy a VR6 Cabrio, *UNLESS* the modification also involved
putting in a more robust chassis, with five lugs. And at that stage, it
seems to me that you'd be better off buying a convertible BMW, an Audi Cab,
or a Porsche Boxster?

I simply can't understand why anyone would put up with a sub-par chassis in
a Cabrio with a VR6, nor why they would spend the cash to not only do the
VR6 but also then overhaul the chassis-- unless of course, you're a
hobbyist with money and time to burn.

-Khan