Re:Colgan?? Front End Covers.

>Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:20:42 EDT
>From: KHofm33399@aol.com
>Subject: Colgan?? Front End Covers.
>
>Hey Guys,
>
>A friend of mine with a GTI told me I should look into these Colgan (don't
>know if it's spelled right) Front Covers.  Anyone had any experience with
>these?  I'm not looking for one to keep on all the time.  Just for traveling.
>I'm more concerned about the backing, fit, ease of install and removal than
>any kind of stitching on it.  I really hate to see one flap on the hood at
>highway speeds.

I have a Colgan front cover that I purchased last year and I am very
happy with it-except for one thing. I cannot get the cover tight enough
across the bottom by the spoiler so that the cover lifts up a bit and
gets pushed into the intake in the center. Leaves only a very small area
unprotected but it annoys me. I will have a trim shop add a strap to fix
the problem. Other than that it does not flap at speed at all-up to
120mph anyway (that's as far as I've gone). Their covers are well made,
with a thick lining for the backing. Takes 5 mins to install-if that.

Got mine from Blue Ribbon Motoring Accessories for $90 +ship. I believe
that you can order just the hood piece as well, but I do not know what it
costs. 800-874-8888 or email at blueribn@adnc.com

John Darwak
'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige