Re: Oil Temperature

At 1:11 PM -0400 7/13/98, djones@lanvision.com wrote:
>I was driving along today and was scanning the MFA and noticed that my
>system was not reporting the Oil temperature at all.  Instead it would
>display 3 dashes.  Like this "- - -".  Turning off the engine and back on
>did not help.  All my other electronic functions were working correctly.  I
>will see if after the engine cools down if it comes back on.  Has any one
>else experienced this?  Should I be concerned?

Yes, I have experienced this, no you should not be concerned.

The MFA does not report a oil temperature reading for several minutes after
the engine has been started.

Wait five minutes, and everything should be OK. I think there's a bit in
the user manual about this, so it is appropriate to say "RTFM".

-Khan