Tire rotation (was:Dealer Oil Change, Mobil 1 & that "sleazyfeeling")

>>> "Jones, Douglas" <djones@lanvision.com> 07/06/98
12:38pm >>>
>A tire rotation is a "FREE", "STANDARD" part of your warranty
>service.

Technically, yes.  In a real life, well, not always.
The two dealers that I spoke and dealt with  had a somewhat
different system.  They "check" the tires for "unusual wear" and
rotate them ONLY if such is diagnosed.

I tried to make a point that regular tire rotation is a PREVENTIVE
measure, i.e. if you notice unusual wear at a, for example, 5,000
mile service, there is something seriously wrong with your car's
alignment.  They conceptually agreed, but would rotate my tires
ONLY if I made a specific REQUEST when I drop off the car.

Vojin