Re: amp

Don,

The remote turn on lead from the Blaupunkt head is incorporated into the
line-level audio signal leads. It's attached directly to the amp.   I didn't
see a reason to incorporate a relay for a single amp.  As for the voltage drop,
it occurs any time the car is running (hot or cold) and the engine RPMs come
down to an idle.  A second or two after idle, you see every light in the car
dim slightly and the RPMs drop a bit.  Then a few seconds later "something"
compensates for it and everything comes back up.  Two other notes: if the car
is not running the amp will generally NOT come on.  And if I'm idling and the
amp is ON, I can hit the head lights and rear defrost and kill the amp
temporarily.  It's just weird man.

I'll give that 8 gauge wire a shot.

I hate electrical systems.

Thanks