Funky electrical issue

Oh great car gods of the net...

I recently installed a Kenwood 120-watt Mono Subwoofer Amplifier in my
95 GLX.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-44VbbY2YA37/blockpub.exe?bid=10580&store=3&sid=S-44VbbY2YA37

I ran a 10 gauge lead straight from the battery to the amp.  I now have
an odd problem.  At night I've always noticed that my lights, when just
hitting idle at a stop, will often dim slightly.  I notice this in the
dash lights as well and the tach drops just a bit as well.  Now, after
installing the amp, when this happens I notice the amp shuts down
temporarily. When the voltage regulator or alternator, or maybe computer
corrects the drop in current a few moments later the amp comes back on.
Oh, the amp doesn't like to work when the car is shut down as well.

Is my power lead too small?  It's 10 gauge, about 15 to 18 feet in total
length.

Could I have an electrical problem?

anyone...anyone...

Thank guys!