european fenders and european hatches

Hi All,
	My '94 GLX has the european fenders (because it was built in Germany). If
you ever get into a fairly serious front end collision and need to replace
the fenders, ask for those off of a '96 Cabrio. Those have the newer style
euro turnsignal holes (rectangular with rounded sides), and the '95 Cabs
and '94 GLXs have the older style rectangular ones. I got into a wreck in
my Jetta, and unfortunately (fortunately depending on how you look at it),
only had one fender replaced, so the upgrade was only doable if I forked
the money over for the other one, so I didn't do it. While being done
though, I did have them put on a '96 style Jetta grille at no extra charge.
	As fore the euro hatch, how about an Americanized version. This would be
tough but not impossible. The cabrio comes with a license plate area that
is identical to the euro plate area, but shorter right to left, instead of
the segmented American style on the Golf and GTI. If you could get a body
shop into trick effects into skinning the trunk of a wrecked cab and
applying it to the GTI, that would look very cool. Cooler yet would be
incorporating the upper lip of the Cab's trunk into the hatch, making kind
of a moulded in rear spoiler.-G