VW gods smile on Germany

Hi All,
	Just surfing VW AGs sight and found an ultra cool model, I guess to kick
off the final year for the Cabriolet (Cabrio to US people). The Cabriolet
Sportline appears to come with tinted front lighting ala 20th Anniversary
GTI fame, sport interior, and the real gem . . . 16" BBS RX 2 piece rims,
as first seen on the GTI 20th Anniversary edition, but in 4 lug
configuration.
	Basically what this means guys is the Cabriolet Sportline in Germany has a
hardercore wheel tire combo than our top o the line DE GTI. Bugger!
	Still, getting ahold of these rims is all but impossible short of shipping
them out of Germany yourself. Back when the 20th Ann GTI hit the streets I
did some searching, and VWoA nor BBSoA will get these rims for you. The
rims (2 piece RX style) are made exclusively for VW by BBS, so buy em in
europe and ship them over I suppose. The good news is that for all the 4
cylinder owners out there (8V GTIs, 8V Jettas and Corrado G60s), you can
land these rims because they ARE made. Also, you can land 15" BBS solitudes
found on the Corrado Storm and Golf VR6 Highline in the 4 lug configuration
too off of a Cabriolet Classic (in 15" form no less). Ever wonder why VW
wastes their time selling the butt ugly 14" rims that they do sell in the
dealerships. It seems to me they have a wealth of great looking rims
already in the partsbin. Why not sell the 20th Ann RX 16"s or the Solitudes
not to mention the other cool BBS rims found on euro VWs made exclusively
for them. Same goes for the Passat and Audis, what a wealth of cool sleeper
parts VW has and does not take advantage of.
	Hey VW, ever look in an MB or BMW dealer. They have huge amounts of rims
to choose from, maybe not in stock, but you sure as heck can order them.-G