Re: Warranty Claims and Assumed Trickery

Atilla Wrote:

> What dealer are you talking about and is there a recommended service
> advisor you regularly use?

	I am talking about Autohaus Lancaster in PA. Generally the service manager
knows the most. This particular one also happens to know that I drop cash
there regularly (bought 3 cars from them, all my parts except for the
suspension on my GLX and most service). It helps to build a working
relationship with a dealership that knows their shit, even if some might be
lacking. In PA both Autohauses are good (Lancaster & Harrisburg), in DC
Marten's VW Volvo is hard to beat, and the best customer service dealer in
the DC metropolitan area for VW. The trick is making friends with the
dealership. Go in and talk to the Parts counter guys, the one in PA always
gives me extra discounts because we talk cars whenever I see him. My
salesman does me huge favors like lobbying VW to help pay for an alternator
that went at 30K miles on my Corrado, and getting me a used Jetta GLS as a
loaner when I stopped in after hours, using his dealer plate. The service
manager also knows me, and if you point out to them you are a VW buyer for
life (lie if you want) and that you will stay loyal if they treat you
fairly, it helps. I sell represent Igloo coolers and gave a huge one to my
salesmen, and take him pics I find on the internet (costs me nothing), and
he has invited me to parties at his house etc. When I do get around to
buying again, hopefully he'll do me cool.
	Bear in mind, many dealers blow chunks as far as customer service, so
choose well. If you are blessed with multiple dealers use that to your
advantage. . . even if the better one is 40min. away, it can be very worth
it.-G