CVO January Event

Hi all Chicago-area VW's,

Join us on this Sunday, January 25th, 1998 for the first CVO event of our
second year. BEST Racing, at 825 75th Street in Willowbrook, Illinois, will
be hosting a CVO Racing and Safety Equipment Seminar. There will be
informative demonstrations on choosing and fitting of Snell-approved
helmets, plus many other safety-related topics. BEST Racing will provide a
catered treat as well as a drawing for door prizes.

BEST Racing is a mail-order and retail distributor for just about every
piece of racing related protective gear you can think imagine. BEST Racing
carries all of the major racing helmet manufacturers, including Bell,
Simpson, Shoei and Arai. There are examples of most of the different models
to try on for size, including Bell's amazing Feuling SS, the helmet worn by
many top IndyCar and IRL drivers for aerodynamic superspeedway events. BEST
Racing also carries harnesses by manufacturers such as Sparco, Stand 21 and
Schroth. Among other things, you can pick up driving shoes, gloves, helmet
visors, tear-offs, racing seats, helmet bags, Racer's Tape, Mechanix gear
clothing and even some really cool No Fear apparel. Best of all, BEST
Racing is now an official club sponsor and contributor. CVO members will be
eligible for a 10% discount on all BEST Racing merchandise. And as a
special bonus, anyone in attendance on that Sunday will get a 15% discount
on any product purchased (or ordered) on that day. You are fortunate to
have a place like this that has these products in stock for you to try on
and compare. This is a rare opportunity to learn about automotive safety
gear from a completely unbiased source and it will be a great chance to
prepare for the upcoming season of racing.

BEST Racing Safety Equipment can be reached at 630.455.4960, or check out:
http://www.bestracing.com.

DIRECTIONS: From I-55, exit Route 83 North. Stay on Rt 83 for about 1 mile
and at the corner of 75th and Rt. 83 (light), make a right. BEST is about
one block down on the right side in the office building. Look for the bigh
white logo in the window.

The event will begin PROMPTLY at 1pm, Central time and end around 3:30pm,
so there will be plenty of time before the Super Bowl starts. There will be
food provided by BEST and anyone attending will be eligible for their
CVO-only raffle. The CVO wishes to thank Norman Berg and everyone at BEST
Racing Apparel for their generousity and kindness.

Hope to see you there...

If you have any questions, please contact me,

Thanks

Doug Carter

Marketing Director,
Chicago Volkswagen Organization

All apologies from the CVO for not having our website in place as promised,
but our host is in the process of moving to a new building and we have not
been able as yet to get our site set up completely. Sorry for the
inconvenience.  -D