Stupid Dealer Tricks - part 2

Ok, so I take my car in this morning to Charles Maund VW here in Austin
TX, my only choice.  They are going to look at my oil consumption
problem.  While I was there I pointed out the damage done to the
perimeter of the BBS wheels when they mounted my Pirelli P700s a few
months back.  While showing the service guy the damage he points to a
nick (not the same damage) just inside the perimeter lip of the rim and
tells me, " This mark is from balancing weights."  Not to be to anal,
but is it common for the weights to damage the coating of the wheel.
It would seem logical because of the physical contact, but I'm looking
for a second opinion.

Later,

Joe