Re: Eclipse GSX Drive (Delete if not interested)

At 03:40 PM 1/20/98 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Mark Klaus Radelow wrote:
>
>> Drove a GSX this weekend.  Sorry but it's a pretty damn nice car.  I
>> wouldn't buy one because of the fact that they are supposidly even MORE
>> unreliable than our cars.  Handling was incredibly crisp and it's kinda
>> cool to take wet turns like they are totally dry.  Pretty fast too.
>
>I loved the stereo and the wheels, but the car itself felt bla. Wasn't
>twitchy enough for me, plus the quality inside was crappy, thin plastic
>everywhere. It's a great concept though.

Ditto. I drove one (the AWD turbo, I believe)  It does go like stink and
sticks like glue.  Sitting in it, however, you feel like you are sitting in
a hole (compared to the see-it-all seating position in the Jetta)  Make
that a hole covered in cheap-looking plastic.  Their idea of leather is
just the seating surfaces, where in the Jetta, there's gotta be 2 or 3 dead
cows worth.  Not to mention the fact that it's small. (Is that really a
back seat?) It's expensive, too.  The GLX tops out around 21K.  Start
tacking options on the Eclipse and you're in the range of a nice A4.

						Dave