Re: Short Shifters for VR6

On 01/19/98 17:21:29 you wrote:

>Anyone have the NeuSpeed or similar short shifter kit? Any comments or
suggestions?

>P.S. How long was the installation process?
>

>(\X/)Patrick Sherman			psherman@bigfoot.com(\X/)
>97 Vento VR6 / Tornado Red / 10K
>"Zzzzzzzz"
>
>--

I suggest the short-throw shifter manufactured and sold by Air & Water
Engineering (AWE) [215] 848-6010, contact Todd.  I've had one in my 1997
Jetta GLX for approximately 4 months, the throws have been cut down about
50% and the feel is quite good, not at all notchy.  Todd includes very
thorough installation directions, install time is approximately 3-4 hours
due to the removal of the exhaust and heat shields.  If your mechanically
inclined, which most VW nuts are, install time should be a bit less.

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX