Re: Short Shifters for VR6

On 1/19/98 5:21PM, in message <01BD24FE.AEE6DB20.psherman@bigfoot.com>,
Patrick Sherman <psherman@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Anyone have the NeuSpeed or similar short shifter kit? Any comments or
> suggestions?

I have it (Neuspeed).  Major improvement.  NOT nirvana, however.. due to decreased
leverage from its higher pivot point, it's a little stiff.. but you get used to it.  Definitely
better than rowing that stock oar.  Bang for the buck-wise it's not the greatest of mods..
..the shifter is expen$ive (~$325, though you can get Todd's version for a lot less) and
the install requires dropping the exhaust system, plus whatever other headaches you
encounter when you get under there (ND did mine, I think they charged 3 hours of labor,
and it DID appear to take that long!).

If I had to do it all over again - I would.  But only recommended if you don't mind the
expense..

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@pacbell.net