Re: Vento Jettas / Loose seats

Yeah,  Audi uses this three point seat idea as well.

Randal, I had this same problem on my 95. fortunately it was under warranty at
the time.  But I did remove my seat when I installed my new Blaupunkt. I did so
to make access to the kick panels much easier. Anyway it's simple to remove the
seat.  You just remove the "Stop Bolt" as I call it, under the center, front of
the seat at the end of the seat adjustment guide. After that, just lift the
adjustment lever and slide the seat straight back until it comes out of the
tracks.  You will also need to remove the plastic end caps from the seat's
tracks before sliding the seat out. If you have heated seat you will also need
to simple unplug the connection underneath the seat. Be sure to raise the seat
height to it's tallest position.  If you do not and you release it with the seat
removed and no weight on the seat it just may remove you fingers.  These springs
are extremely strong, remember they have to be able to lift a over 100lbs.

Later,

Joe