Re: New Beetle: Hit or Miss?

On 1/9/98 10:20AM, in message <l03020900b0dc02a16eb9@[168.129.4.66]>, Jamie -
VWvortex <jamie@vwvortex.com> wrote:

> You will see every sort of person buying these cars. Celebrities and wealthy people
> who just "have" to have one, young people looking for something new and different,
> old Beetle fans that can get over the fact that this is a "New" Beetle, etc. Will they sell
> millions? No. They obviously don't plan to with a production of only 50,000.

AutoWeek says production will be 120,000 this year, with 60,000 earmarked for the US.
That's some big numbers for what really is a big question mark.  Obviously they THINK
it's gonna be successful.  We'll see!

I really hope they decide to build the Power Beetle (VR6, true DOHC/205hp, Syncro)
and sell it here.  I would SERIOUSLY consider getting one....

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@pacbell.net
'97 GTI VR6