Re: GLX and Vento difference

At 07:24 AM 1/7/98 -0700, you wrote:

They are basically the same car. The Vento VR6 is the European version of
the American Jetta GLX. From my understanding, the Euro-spec cars have more
horse power (~190?). You can by the Euro throttle body to replace the
American t-body but I don't think that will get you to 190hp. Anyone know
of any other spec differences?

PS - I think Patrick has just changed the logo on his car from GLX to
Vento. You can buy these from New Dimensions.

Dave R.
98 Jetta GLX
280 degree Competition Cam
Weiand dual-plane manifold with a Holley 600
Headman headers and Sonic Turbo mufflers
Stage 2 shift kit and cooler
350 small block transplant in the works