Good Dealer Story! (for a change)

Well my wife just got home from the dealer.  Our 97 GLX was in for its
first servicing.

The car was there for 3hrs but she didn't mind waiting and was VERY
impressed by the service.  For anyone in the Vancouver BC area, check
out Westminster Volkswagen for your service!

Here is what was done:

1)  First service checks and oil change - we supplied Mobil 1
2)  Re-aligned the fogs (getting flashed by other drivers) - done.
Common complaint, BTW.  They have adjusted many.  I'll have to test
it at night but hopefully they aren't too low.
3)  Popping noise when turning wheel left.  Test drive with tech
to diagnose.  Caused by rubber boot on steering column contacting
firewall - fixed
4)  Various rattles - fixed.  Adjusted all 4 doors, striker plates,
added isolation tape (what the hell is that stuff anyway?).  Car is
quiet now.  They put this clear stuff on the rubber molding....its a
little tacky...any clue what it is?
5)  Road noise concern - Examined under body for missed plugs etc.
Took the service managers GLX for test drive to compare - same noise
levels, not missing plugs.
6)  Circles on glass - Dealer's detailer will clean glass on Fri and
if unsuccessful, glass will be replaced.
7)  Tiny ding in driver's door.  Dealer will attempt to buff out when
car is in for glass problem.
8)  Clip to hold floor mat in place was very weak - fixed.

The service staff was very helpful and delt with each problem as best
they could.  No BS, they just did what we needed/wanted done.

Incidently, the service techs at this dealer were the only ones to
give me a straight answer regarding warranty and mods.  They are
definately keeping my business with service like this!

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton
97 GLX