Re: [gti-vr6] 16" vs 17" BBS wheels

On 2/27/98 6:12PM, in message <01BD43BC.06CC3200.zeek@texas.net>, zeek the
geek <zeek@texas.net> wrote:

> im getting closer to my wheel purchase... thanks to my income tax refund :)
> i've got my eyes on the BBS RXs. i need help deciding between the 16"
> and the 17". the seventeens will LOOK better, i think- but am concerned
> with problems concerning rubbing+ride height as well as pothole damage.
> (austin isn't that bad)

Go with the 16's (IMHO) - that's what I've got, lemme know I'll send you some pics if you
like.  17's don't look THAT much better, and for me, the tradeoffs aren't worth it.  I
haven't regretted going with 16's for one second.

> btw- although price is playing NO part of this decision... the sixteens are $355
> and the seventeens are $425 list each. (hopefully i can get these prices down)
> not including freight or tax...

Christ!  Who are you getting those prices from?  I paid $272 from Tire Rack, and last
time I checked (fairly recently) the price was the same..

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@sprintmail.com
'97 GTI VR6