Re: Suspension is in!!!!

SWHARRIS@earthlink.net wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I was glad to see you're e-mail.  I've got a 95 with the 4X4 look...50K
> and those damm GA's are still won't wear out.
>
> I've just ordered Bilstien HD shocks and Neuspeed sof-sport springs from
> Velocity out here in L.A.  Today I got a call from them telling me that
> the springs are now back ordered till mid-march.  They have the sport
> lowering springs and say I can have them instead if I wanted.
>
> It seems like you really like the set-up you have now.  What I need to
> know is are you driving you're car different now with respect to
> driveways, speed bumps, etc.  My wife drives our GLX more than I do, so
> the suspension can't be boy racer low or rock hard.  I know the newer
> GLX's had lower suspension to start with, and ours were the high water
> versions, so I guess lowering would'nt hurt much.  I just don't want to
> pay for a new air dam and kidney transplants in a few months. :-)
>
> Thanks for any info!
>
> Steve Harris
> 95 GLX
> Fullerton  CA

Hey Steve...

   Sorry I have taken so long to reply, school has been crazy.  Anyway,
to answer your questions.  I am not really driving any differently with
the new lower suspension.  Granted I am very aware of situations that
could lead to scraping, I am driving pretty normal.  The car is low, but
tastefully so.  It is no low rider, but looks very level and aggresive.
Probably about a 1 1/2 inch gap in the front and 1/2 inch gap in the
rear.  The front spoiler has a good bit of clearance, but I do worry
about the oil pan because it hangs pretty low.  The ride is awesome!!!
Firm, but not unbearably stiff.  It really handles the corners nice
now.  Remember I live in the land of potholes and frost heaves hear in
New England.  Good luck with whatever you get.  any more questions feel
free to e-mail me( privately if you like so as not to clog up the list)

				jeff E.

     95 Vento VR6 -- > Euroswitch w/ rear fog, tint, Aluminum door lock
knobs, 8mm plug wires, tinted markers, K&N drop in, " eyebrows",
bilstein/ Neuspeed susp, Autotech stressbar, killer stereo, clifford,
210A's, and much more to come.....   :-)