Cam thread!!!

Ok dudes,

Lets talk cams.  I've seen a number of comments about cams in messages past,
and present.  I would like to know more and I'm sure there are others as
well.  Here are a few questions to get this tread rolling.

I will eventually summarize this into a web page...

- - Who makes cams for the VR6?
- - I've heard mention of 260 and 268 duration cams.
    - What are the differences? drivability, trade tradeoffs, etc.?
    - Are there other durations available?
    - Are there varied lifts available?
- - Do we need a special chip for performance cams?
- - What are the pros, cons, and differences of...
    - duration?
    - lift?
- - Does the head / whole valve train need to be redone when adding a cam?
- - Is it typical to advance or retard the valve timing when adding a cam?

Ok men, this is your opportunity to show off your technical prowess.

Joe