My point of view on this SE-R debate

Bryan,
         As far as the legal stuff that the SE-R list sent you,  This is due
to a large problem that the owner was having with SPAM.  It may even be an
automatic thing they have set up now.  So i wouldnt take it to heart.
        As i mentioned before i have both the GLX and the SE-R in my garage,"
It is not like their cars are anything compaired to the GLX anyway".  This
quote of yours is actually a complement if you consider that first of all,
they are not even in the same catagory, Two the VR6 is exactly that a 6cyl and
three the Jetta cost me more than Double what i paid for my SE-R.  I purchased
My SE-R looking for a power to wieght ratio advantage rather than a monster V8
or V6 thing. Besides that i get better than 30mpg no matter how hard i drive,
In the Jetta im lucky if i get 25mpg on the highway and thats cruising at
75-80mph.
        So when i see a 20+K car and they want to race and i win or they beat
me by a car length or so i just smile even bigger because i sure gotta a big
bang for my buck.
I hope that you can understand my point on this subject because i think that
this is kinda in the same catagory as a Guy in the Porsche room slaming a GTI
owner, if you think about it its a complement if they have to resort to
slamming there auto because there really isnt anything else bad they can say.
          Oh yeah one more point, in a few short monthes when my turbo project
is done on my SE-R there wont be a GTI or GLX around that will touch me unless
they are equally moded.  Peace
Terry
92 SE-R
97 GLX