Brospeed Impressions (kinda long)

Well I got my car back tonight.  Took it for a twenty mile jaunt to see
what we see.  Well I definately have to say the Brospeed Exhaust is
quite nice.  The fit was good, the only problem being the tips are a
little recessed into the bumper.  They still are exposed but they are
about an inch back from where the stock tips were.  As far as sound is
concerned they sound really sweet.  From 1k up to around 2.3k there is a
real low grunt when you step on it.  Only when the throttle is open,
otherwise they are pretty quiet.  When you really romp on it they aren't
too loud (quiter than TT) and above 4k they make absolutely NO Sound
inside the cockpit.  I don't know about outside...Have to wait for a
friend to stand outside while I fly by.  On the freeway there are no
resonances anywhere.  Sounds just like the stock exhaust at freeway
speeds and throttle.  When you open up the throttle they make a little
more sound than stock but nothing to write home about.  Yes, for some
this might be too quiet but I wanted bone stock quiet on the freeway
because I  do so much commuting.  As far as performance is concerned I
can't make any exact estimates but the powerband feels real fat now.  I
noticed no loss on the low end and above 5k the engine seems to spin
freer.  The only actual notice of increase power is when I was putting
along at about 10mph in first I floored it and the tires spun (going
straight).  Never did that before.  Also when I shifted quickly into
second the tires spun more than they normally do (normally they chirp
this time they SPUN).  Seems to be a nice upgrade especially for how
much it cost me ($0).  I wholeheartedly recommend it as an alternative
to the TT exhaust (which is very nice also IMHO).  Anyways, if any of
you live in San Diego or Los Angeles and want to check it out shoot me
off an email.

Mark Radelow