Re: Stock Jetta GLX spanks 2 Modified late Model SE-Rs

On Feb 16,  9:05pm, Joe Mann wrote:
> But it is interesting though. The administrator of
> the SE-R list is threatening me with the FBI and stuff.
>
> "We are an
> ISP which takes these events very seriously, and we have aggressively
> gone after many individuals who have compromised our service. As a
> result, we have developed a comfortable working relationship with
> the regional FBI office."

Tell him that unless you access his computer without authorization, that the
FBI don't care.  Someone recently was pissed enough at me to forge mail saying
I was a child molestor.  I called the cops, who had me call the FBI.  They said
that forging electronic mail is not a crime.  ONLY in cases of unauthorized
access will they intervene.

(The guy forged mail with *netscape* can you believe.  Which gave complete
headers, including his IP address.  Which matched the X-Originating-IP address
of the message he sent me via hotmail saying that he was going to "play rough".
I hope his ISP terminated the account.  My sister-in-law, a lawyer, wants to
sue. :-)

- --
John A. Kilpatrick                                Systems Administrator
kilpatri@mti.sgi.com                  Silicon Graphics Inc., MIPS Group
Work: (650) 933-4387                              Pager: (650) 428-6218
                "Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind..."