Re: Stock Jetta GLX spanks 2 Modified late Model SE-Rs

To the lists, Uwe is concerned about a flame war with the SE-R list.  At
this moment I have not received any emails from anyone on that list,
positive or negative.  If we start to get a load of messages and you feel an
apology from me will quite the situation let me know.  Responses to Uwe's
claims are below.  Good Hunting gentlemen. - Jettamann

Uwe Ross wrote:

> > Subject: Stock Jetta GLX spanks 2 Modified late Model SE-Rs
> > From: Joe Mann <joem@pswtech.com>
> > Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 01:28:50 -0600
>
> Allow me to take the Devil's Advocate viewpoint for a moment.....
>
> * If these guys came up behind you, and then you left them in the manner
> you decribed, how can you have any knowlege of the diameter of their
> exhaust outlets?

First off Uwe, the human ear is an amazing thing. It was quite easy to tell
with out even seeing the tail pipe of this vehicle that it was not stock.
Besides, one of these little shits decided he would warm up his tires a bit,
so he gave me a little show by spinning them and then backing up into
position. i.e. I had a clear view of his exhaust.

> * A truely stock (no chip) GLX will not do 130.  Yes, the optomistic
> speedo might read a little higher, but you should be making mental
> corrections for that.

Uwe, there are no corrections to be made here.  I take my stock Jetta GLX to
130 on a regular bases here in the lovely heart of Texas where the roads are
big and long. As a mater of "fact" I reached 130 quite easily the other
night when a little CRX si decided he would try to keep up with me on the
free way late one night.  Uwe, why would VW electronically govern the car to
130 if they didn't think it could do it?  Next time your in town, I'd be
happy to take you for a little ride. Oh, I'm aware of the 3 MPH discrepancy
in the electronic VDO instrument cluster. I've gotten my needle to 133-134
on a number of occasions.

> * Next time, shift between 5800 and 6000 rpm and you'll win by a larger
> margin.

Uwe, it's exceedingly easy to get to 6000 RPMs in first gear. It take less
that a second to get between 5k and 6.5k when you've got the peddle matted.
Besides, I only mentioned it relating to first. Let's not get anal here.

> * The last thing I want to see here on the GTI-VR6 list is a flame war
> like those that sproadically break out on usenet between the VW and
> Honda guys.    I think it is a puerile  breach of etiquette for you to
> troll the SE-R list with this kind of "bait", especially when you have
> the addresses of both the GTI-VR6 and Jetta-GLX lists on plain view in
> your CC field.   If *you* want to have a flame war with these guys
> that's fine, but don't drag our list into it.    Personally, I think you
> should scurry over to the SE-R list and apologize forthwith.

Uwe, I've got one word for you "delete".  The next message you see with the
above subject line, DELETE it! As for "trolling", I was doing a simple
search on FUBA antennas and happened upon the list. Beside, I didn't pick
this fight with the two SE-Rs and it might be good for that particular list
to no the results so as not to make the same mistake. And if you think I'm
going to apologize to the SE-R list for this, you're a bigger fool than the
two that took me on the other night. And, I not trying to be mean or rude to
you Uwe.  Oh, by the way, I know the administrator of your list personally,
we're both part of a VW group here Texas, and if Andy has a problem with
this I'm sure he'll let me know.

Good Devil's Advocate Uwe.

Thanks,

Joe